Blog One

Why I Chose This Course:
Fairytales have always been apart of my life since I was a little girl until now. I love just about every Disney Princess movie out there and I know that while some of the movies are Disney’s original writing most of the plots are adaptations of other stories. Knowing this has always made me curious about the origin of most Disney movies. After reading the description of this course, I immediately become interested in this course. Knowing that I was curious about the history of fairytales, I decided that this was the perfect topic for my first class at McDaniel.


What I Hope To Accomplish:
During this seminar, I hope to have a clear understanding of the history of different fairytales. I also hope to learn about the different and correct ways to interpret and analysis fairytales. Through this course, I also want to work on my writing and become more comfortable giving presentations.


My Favorite Fairytale:

I think my favorite fairytale is The Little Mermaid. This has been my favorite movie since I was little. When I was little I always wanted to be a mermaid just like the mermaid in the story and I have always loved being in the water. This movie also showed me that I shouldn't just go with the norm and do what people tell me to do. It showed me that if there's something I want I shouldn’t stop until I get it. It also taught me to be cautious of what other people offer you and what they want from you. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparing the movie, "The Brothers Grimm," to the real life of the Brothers Grimm

The Definition of a Fairytale